Check in & Check out
Your room will be ready for you at 2pm. You are, however, free to enjoy the pool or the beach before that time. We ask you to check out of your room at 11am, but you are welcome to stay and enjoy the pool, have a lunch in our restaurant or spend some more time at the beach. No rush!
We understand that sometimes plans change. If you cancel your stay 6 weeks in advance or more, we will offer a refund. Any cancellations later than 6 weeks in advance will be charged 100% of the booking costs.
House Rules Mahali Zanzibar
- There is no lifeguard on duty – entering the pool is at your own risk. Diving is not allowed. The pool is open between 8am and 11pm.
- The upper deck and the small pool above the restaurant are only allowed for 16 years and older, due to safety reasons.
- If you lose any of the keys, you will be charged a replacement fee of 20 USD.
- There are no outside guests allowed inside the hotel, they are only welcome in our restaurant.
- You can use the big towels at the pool and private beach. Towels cannot go off our property, they are only for use at the pool and private beach. If you want them to be changed you have to come to the reception. Every evening, please take them back to your room or change them at the reception.
- It’s not allowed to bring your own food and drinks outside your room. You can have them in your room or balcony. In the public areas, private beach, pool, reception and our restaurant you cannot bring any of your own food and drinks.
- It’s not allowed to play your own music with boxes. You have to use headphones if you want to listen to your own music to maintain silence for all our guests.
- The reception is open between 7am and 11pm. After 11pm everybody in the hotel should be quiet, to give everybody the night sleep they need.
- In our restaurant inside you have to dress appropriate, it’s not allowed to wear (only and wet) beach wear inside.
- We are not allowed to have massage, hair braiding or any other activities on the private beach or inside your rooms.
- You are more than welcome to consume from our restaurant, you can drink and eat them at your room if you want. It’s not allowed to take them anywhere outside of Mahali.
- For the pool and table tennis table in the reception area, please supervise your children.
- Smoking is only allowed in outside areas; all our rooms and our restaurant are non-smoking.
We hope that you are looking forward to staying with us as much as we are looking forward to hosting you! We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Mahali as your home while in Paje, Zanzibar.